At Withinvestors, LLC ("Withinvestors") our most important asset is the trust of our clients. Protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal and financial information is one of our highest goals and priorities. Below, you will find details about Withinvestors' commitment to protecting your privacy, including how we collect and protect your information, how we use and share that information both within and outside the Withinvestors family of companies, and how you can instruct us to limit certain types of information sharing.
ㆍYour Privacy Is Not for Sale
Simply put, we do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
ㆍHow We Collect Information About You
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways.
· Application and registration information
We collect information from you when you open an account or enroll in one of our services. You will also be asked for information when you choose to participate in a Schwab promotion. We may also collect information from consumer reporting agencies to verify your identity in the account-opening process or if you apply for a margin account. The information we collect may include your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number and date of birth, as well as details about your interests, investments and investment experience.
· Transaction and experience information
Once you have opened an account with us, we collect and maintain personal information about your account activity, including your transactions, balances, positions and history. This information allows us to administer your account and provide the services you have requested.
· Third-party information providers
We may collect information about you from information services and consumer reporting agencies to verify your identity, employment or creditworthiness, or to better understand your financial needs.
ㆍ Website usage
When you visit our website, our computer may use devices known as "cookies," graphic interchange format files (GIFs), or other similar Web tools to enhance your Web experience. These tools enable us to recognize you when you return to our site, and to maintain your Web session while you browse throughout the site, as well as help us provide you with a better, more personalized experience. Cookies do not, standing alone, identify you as an individual by name or account number; they merely recognize your browser. To learn more about our policies regarding using our Website and the use of Web tools, please visit Online Privacy and Security.
ㆍWhat Information Do We Collect?
The information you collect directly from you includes information to communicate with you, such as your name, mailing address, telephone and fax number, and email address; and to verify who you are, including your social security number, employer name and address. We also obtain demographic information when you apply or register through the site or request information on our products, including birth date, gender, and education.
The information we collect indirectly from you includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), transaction placed, products and services used.
ㆍWhen Do We Collect Information?
We obtain most of your personal and financial information directly from you through the process of completing the account application and related documentation. We also collect your information when you participate in our educational or investment seminar, or request more specific information. Some information can also be collected by our financial consultants or sales representatives who consult with you.
ㆍHow Do We Use Your Personal and Financial Information?
We use both your personal and financial information only as appropriate to provide you the most quality service and security. For example, Withinvestors may use the information obtained from you to identify and verify your identity and contact information. We may also use this information to establish Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), set up your trading account, issue an account number and a secure password, maintain your portfolio and trading activity, and contact you with account information.
If you terminate the contract or account with us, Withinvestors will retain your information, but only use it to comply with regulatory requirements and to periodically contact you to offer the opportunity to reactivate your account or participate in our valuable offers or seminars.
ㆍDo We Share the Information Collected With Any Other Third Parties?
We provide access to information about you to outside companies and other third parties in certain limited circumstances, including:
· to help us process transactions for your account;
· when we use another company to provide services for us, such as printing and mailing your account statements;
· when we believe that disclosure is required or permitted under law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulatory or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, to perform credit/authentication checks, or for risk control;
· when we enter into a joint marketing agreement with another financial institution in order to provide you with a Withinvestors financial product or service. We only make such agreements with companies that we believe can help us provide a financial product or service that will benefit you.
You may instruct us not to share information about you with outside companies for joint marketing purposes, as explained under "How to Limit the Sharing of Information About You."
ㆍHow to Limit the Sharing of Information About You
If you prefer, you may choose to limit the information we share about you with our affiliates and outside companies. Specifically, you may instruct us:
· not to share with our affiliates consumer reports and other personal information about you that may be used to determine your eligibility for credit (for example, information about your income, profession, or employment status);
· not to allow our affiliates to market their financial products or services to you based on information they receive from us about your eligibility for credit or your transactions and experiences with us; and
· not to share personal information about you with an outside company for joint marketing purposes.
· You may exercise this choice by calling us at: 201-567-6990.
· Your choice will be applied to you as an individual and will automatically be extended to all of your accounts with us, as well as any accounts you may have with any of our affiliates, except for accounts you may have at U.S. Trust Corporation. If you have an account at U.S. Trust Corporation, you will receive a separate privacy notice from them which will tell you how they share information about you and how you can limit their ability to do so.
· Joint account holders may instruct us on behalf of another account holder.
· You may make your privacy choice at any time and it will remain in effect until you change it.
If you choose to limit these types of information sharing, we may continue to share information only to identify you (such as your name and Social Security number), as well as information about your transactions and experiences with us. We may also continue to share information about you with outside companies as permitted or required by law.
We will comply with state laws that apply to the disclosure or use of information about you. For example, if your address is in Vermont, we will automatically limit information sharing as described in "How to Limit the Sharing of Information About You" without your having to advise us of this privacy choice.
ㆍSafeguarding Your Information, Maintaining Your Trust
We take precautions to ensure the information we collect about you is protected and is accessed only by authorized individuals or organizations.
Companies we use to provide support services are not allowed to use information about our clients for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of information to the performance of the specific services we have requested.
We restrict access to personal information by our employees and agents. Our employees are trained about privacy and are required to safeguard personal information.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information.